The picturesque town, called Skoczow is located in the South of Poland in Slask Province. It is surrounded by a beautiful landscape of hills at the foot of Beskid Slaski. The oldest written mention about Skoczow comes from the year 1232. The Adventist message came to the town in the beginning of the 20th Century. Nearby Skoczow there is a more significant town called Cieszyn. In that town in the year 1908 there were two man by the name of Jozef Niedoba and his brother Pawel, who were baptized. On the 26th of January 1909 eight more people were baptized. Among them were Ferdynand Dzik, the wife of Jozef Niedoba, brother Unuck together with his wife and son Wilhelm, Otton Staniczek from Skoczow and sister Plaszek.
Family connections, work and, most of all, the evangelistic efforts of Pawel Niedoba with the help of Ferdynand Dzik, brought in five new people from Skoczow and its surroundings. They were baptized on the 25 of March 1911. These five newly-baptized people, together with the three previous ones, were the first church members of the little group that was shortly established in Skoczow. As a result of the work of our pioneers during the next two years the church increased to 80 members. The first members of our church came from different surroundings of Cieszyn region. They went to their homes and neighborhoods sharing the good news that they received Jesus as their personal savior. Weekly Bible studies groups were established in different homes of Chodurow, Bazanowskich, Pieszkow, and in Nierodzim, Wisla, and Jaworze. As the result of this work more and more people were coming to Christ. The Skoczow Church was divided into several groups in Skoczow, Nierodzim, Jaworze, Wisla and Brenna. The first Sabbath services were conducted in the homes of the families Szalbut in Skoczow, brother Bazanowski in Bladnice, and in Brenna at the home of brother Holeksa.
In 1926, when the church increased in number, the decision was made to build a church. The plot for